Saturday, September 3, 2011

So here I am

My co-workers, friends, customers, fellow athletes and family would tell you I can talk all day. Writing my first ever blog post? Suddenly I'm speechless. But I suspect the words will come soon enough.

Why start a blog now? I'm so far behind the tech trends - not so good given that I work for a software company - that it seems almost antiquated to blog. All the cool kids are Facebooking and Four Square-ing and even Twitter seems kinda old. But I wanted a place I could chart the journey and see the history. And the things I'm most interested in writing about follow the same "Why now?" theme. Why now? Why not now? Gotta start sometime. Therefore, I blog.

What will I write about? Definitely sports. Probably pop culture. Most likely my family and friends. Maybe travel. Possibly a little politics. Some posts may describe older events, experiences of the past that stick with me today. Other posts may describe my life as a wannabe triathlete who is learning all over again how to swim or trying to run just a little faster or further or both. You know how they say you never forget how to ride a bike? Weeeellll, I think the only thing on my bike that I do the same now as I did when I was 10 is that my feet go round and round on the pedals.

What's coming up? On September 11, I will be competing in the Nation's Triathlon in Washington, D.C., with my tri-buddy Tisha. I'm so looking forward to commemorating the day with her among the national monuments, including near the Pentagon and in Arlington National Cemetery. It will be profoundly emotional, but inspiring too. I'm just very lucky that I have a chance to compete - to be healthy and employed and surrounded by such wonderfully supportive friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words of Wisdom